Photo - Kimball Lake
Ten located claims were staked by Granduc Mines, Limited, in May, 1963, across the south end of Summit Lake.
No significant mineralization was reported and the claims have been forfeited. The St. Eugene group (Locality 4), which included the St. Eugene and Grey Copper Crown-granted claims on the east slope of August Mountain above Summit Lake, was originally located in 1923.
Several erratically mineralized gold-quartz veins in altered Hazelton rocks have been periodically examined and sampled. Properties located adjacent to the St. Eugene were the Sunrise, Vamp, Josephine, and Hollywood, none of which developed significant mineralization.